Well, I thought it was a good idea, but it turned into a minor weekend disaster.
With the winter coming on, and the steady drizzle, my washing line doesn’t dry clothes any more, so I persuaded Peter to buy a tumble drier on Friday. No problem, we installed it simply enough in the evening but on the first try it blew all the fuses in the house! We managed to get two sockets working but had no lights and no hot water (the boiler went down, too, and, of course it was dark by then). We had lots of spare fuses, but Murphy’s law kicked in and we didn’t have the right size for the ones that blew. Lots of extension cables, candles and torches, the camping gas burner and the log fire kept us going overnight, but it was even more camping than usual.
We managed to get the correct size fuses on Saturday and eventually we got everything going except the boiler, so we still have no hot water. Peter loves that as the shower is out of action!
When the electrician saw our system a few months ago, he insisted that we re-wire the whole house and it looks as if he was quite right!!!
Here are a few photos of the slow progress with the house, so far………